So here I am, planning a wedding. And I would like to think most brides are like me and want their groom to be involved in every single detail about the big shebang. Every. Single. One.
While Casey has been great to give me feedback when I ask him questions, I can see in his eyes the truth: the things I’m asking him about really do not matter to him. Such as, our outfits for our engagement pictures. His response?
“Babe, I don’t care. You’re the one that’s going to look at them the most, so whatever makes you happy.”
So I get to thinking, what actually matters to men? Here’s what I’ve come up with:
5. The Bridal Party: This is a given for grooms to care about who is chosen to stand up there by us on our big day. Casey’s known for a long time who he wanted to stand by him and of course it was an easy choice when the time came to ask.
4. The Men’s Attire: This was the second thing Casey had a strong opinion on from day 1 of our engagement. He pretty much immediately knew he wanted light grey pants and white shirts for all the groomsmen and he’s let me run with the color palette since then.
3. Budget: Being that this is my second wedding, I’m planning on paying for most everything and not expecting my parents to do anything (although, they’re amazing and already have and are planning to help more). Casey doesn’t want to see me spend so much money on things and make myself go broke for our wedding. He cares what I’m spending for my sake and I’m glad he makes me aware of where my money is going (Lord knows I need reeling in sometimes).
2. Food: Long before we even got engaged, he knew what he wanted (and absolutely DID NOT want). Anyone who knows Casey, knows he’s as simple as they come. He’s channeled that into the kind of food he wants at our wedding, which I have compromised with him and all of his daily food favorites will be served during an appetizer hour before the main course (we’re talking ramen noodles, little smokies and more). However, BBQ is 100% off the menu and the mention of it gets the response:
“If BBQ is there, I won’t be.”
And he’s serious…..
And across the board, the most important thing to every groom is:
1. The Honeymoon: Because, well, ya know. No explanation needed!